Friday, August 7, 2009

Back to real world



Back in Australia, and hit the ground running! I haven't stopped since I landed in the States. As I stayed up every night visiting with family until 3 am. Once I arrived back home, I was out of with flu (most likely it was just exhaustion). School started up 3 days later. I have finally adjusted enough to focus on the fun stuff!

We were planning on doing up the master bath when I left. Upon my return, I was informed that we were doing the gardens first. True to form, I just had to draw up the plans. I have been shopping walls, pavers, plants for a week now. Yes, I am a bit sad to let my big plans for my inner house go. But the yard is where I will be living once the Australian Sun comes out. So bring it on.

Here are the plans I drew up the other night.


We are basically putting in terraces, making gently sloping lawn areas, re-doing the pool surround, clearing out tick infested fern and making a garden we can live in.

Still sold on the "moon garden" idea in the front of the house. More color as we move back to the pool area.

I have a bout 13 Grass trees on the side of the property. I want to create a gravel path that travels through this area planting it out with Australian Natives. Something for the boys to explore in.



I just love poolside seating that offers some shade and comfort. This one is from potterybarn.com



1 comment:

  1. Oh I love all your ideas Sam. I see G took over your inside plans and directed you to the outside. Well I suppose you will be living outside in the Summer.
    Can't wait to see some photos.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete