Saturday, June 6, 2009

I Dream of :: better seating in the kitchen


Today I am trying to sort out my kitchen seating problem.  I don't like so many tables and chairs together.  Therefore, I am playing with the idea of bench seating. I grew up with bench seating.  One of six children, my mother had a corner bench with around the table which we all "scooted" around every night for dinner.  It created a close family center and as I recalled was great for people who came to visit for a cup of coffee with my mom.  They would sit in the kitchen for hours in that booth.  I am thinking, it may be a nice addition to my kitchen.  I was also thinking some windows on that side would help with more natural light.    

source: highfashionhome.com



Also happened upon these wonderful stairs!  Found at cookie magazine.  How many kids would love this set up.  I couldn't do this in my home as my stairs lead right into my formal living space but what a great way to go down!  And think about the laundry basket.  why carry it down when you can slide it.  

3 comments:

  1. I adore the white in the kitchen with the gorgeous use of that fabric and the fabulous light!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a divine design! I want this so bad I can taste it. I even sat my husband down and discussed how I want to focus on the inside of the house rather than the outside first. (He really wants the outside done first.) We met in the middle. We are doing the mid ground level of the yard and the inside kitchen and laundry first. This could take forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love bench seating. it's the bomb.

    ReplyDelete