Thursday, June 4, 2009

I dream of :: Fun Fridays!

My wonderful boys call the end of the week "fun Fridays".  It means we do nothing that has to be done and play.  So, today I am sitting on my computer, scanning some sites, then I am watching some cartoons with my four year old while designing some jewelry.  Later, I am going to a girlfriend's house for "fun Friday" party we have every week. after 6:30pm I drop off the kids at home and head back for some girlfriend fun.  

This friday it is tequila.  One of the children misheard that we are having a "Mr. Killer" party and so now the whole lot of kids are happy to head on home with dad when that party starts.  I guess "Mr killer" and his wife "Margarita" are a bit too much for them!  

While shopping for Kitchen ideas I came across this one from betterbydesign.com.  I like the white on white.  It is bright, bright bright.  Although, I am not a fan of those windows.  To  hard to clean.  But, I think this may work in my kitchen.  I would change a few things.  I really am in love with the CeasarStone, Mink counter top.  I love that color.  My accents would be a bright Aqua/Turquoise and pale avocado green.  I also love the dark floors.  My floors will need to be re-stained!  And one of those windows would have to be door to the laundry room.  I don't know if I like the stools?...  

I also love the booth seating for casual dinning.  My home is large but not huge.  And since my casual seating is just a room over from formal dining and right next to my outdoor dining area...  I think having this type of seating is just what the space needs.  Nothing worse than three tables within viewing of each other. The advantage with this type of seating is you can pull the table out for those outdoor parties and it allows for extra seating and conversation.   

Source: Windsor Smith Home

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My four year old is turning five in September.  Since this will be his first big party with "his" friends, (i.e. not shared friends with his big brother) it needs to be just right.  he requested a Robot party.  There is not much out here in Oz for party stuff.  I find most items are in the US.  I did log onto a wonderful site (cookiemag.com) where they gave instructions for this out of this world cake.  

And these plates are so adorable.  Found on  hostess with the mostess.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha. Just linked to your blog from your etsy email. And how funny your blog name is Dream a little Dream. I was looking through old sketchbooks the other day and I must of written that a gazillion times as an idea for a business name.
    -Dana (DanaAndCarol.etsy.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana! Although, not a business name it is a dream blog. All things I wish I could do, or want to do in my future. I hope you enjoyed your read? Good luck with those beautiful paper wreaths and do think about the lampshades. I am totally getting one, most likely two, for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete